Particle size analysis for suspensions and emulsions from 0.1 µm to 3,500 µm with fast, fully automated measuring cycles
With the long optical bench, the HELOS/KR laser diffraction sensor covers a particularly wide particle size range. In combination with the powerful and fully automated QUIXEL wet dispersion unit, this configuration offers fast and reproducible particle size analyses for finely to coarsely dispersed suspensions and emulsions in the range from 0.1 µm to 3,500 µm. Equipped with a stainless steel basin, centrifugal pump, tubeless measuring circuit and replaceable flow cuvettes, QUIXEL is the first choice both for standard analyses and for complex measurement tasks. The basin geometry and the flow configuration guarantee a stable suspension and minimise the risk of sedimentation even in cases with broad distributions and particles with high density.
All measurement and dispersion parameters can be entered using the operating panel or the software and be saved as retrievable measuring methods (Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)). In this way, measurements are reliable and independent of the operator, even if the product and application are changed frequently. The pump speed, ultrasonic treatment, any temperature control and the trigger for the measurement can be reproduced accurately and fully automatically. Optional lids with corresponding hose connections are available for further automation of the addition of additives and of the rinsing processes.
In the QUIXEL basin a precisely controllable ultrasonic generator and the centrifugal pump ensure reliable dispersion and mixing of the sample. The optimally dispersed suspension or emulsion is fed as a representative sample flow to the measuring zone. Flow-optimised flow cuvettes with layer thicknesses of 2 mm and 6 mm enable flexible adaptation to the relevant application. Different gasket materials are available to ensure that the chemical resistance is matched to the product and dispersing fluid (FKM, EPDM or FFKM). Thanks to the lowerable bottom of the basin, quick draining and cleaning are possible in just a few seconds even with high-viscosity dispersion media. Equipment options with internal or external heating and external cooling open up a wide range of applications.
- Particle size and particle size distribution
- For finely to coarsely dispersed suspensions and emulsions
- For analyses in the quality or production laboratory | Also process-oriented
- Variable analysis volume from 300 ml to 1,000 ml in a closed loop
- 7 high-resolution measuring ranges from 0.1 µm to 3,500 µm | R1 to R7T
- True-to-method measurement performance for changing measuring tasks
- Automatic adjustment of all dispersion parameters | Software-controlled
- Integrated sonication | Energy input 0 to 60 W
- Heating and cooling options | Temperature-controlled from 0°C to 60°C
- Tubeless measuring circuit for high durability and fast measuring cycles