Particle size analysis of smallest amounts of dry, active substances with laser diffraction ranging from 0.1 µm to 875 µm
In combination with the powerful and fully-automated dry dispersion unit RODOS/L, the laser diffraction sensor HELOS/BR offers fast and repeatable particle size analysis for dry, fine grained products ranging from 0.1 µm to 875 µm. Agglomerative, cohesive powders are also reliably dispersed and measured.
All measurement and dispersion parameters are adjusted in the software and can be saved as retrievable measuring methods (Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)). In this way, measurements are reliable, true to the method and independent of the operator, even if the product and application is changed frequently.
The dosing of small amounts of powdery, active substances is performed via the micro dosing unit ASPIROS/L, which safely feeds the sample from previously filled glass tubes. The sample tubes can be filled and safely sealed in a glove box or under an extraction hood with just a few micrograms. Once encapsulated, the sample tube is placed in the ASPIROS and a bar code reader identifies the sample. The dispersion conditions saved in the SOP are automatically set up, the sample tube is opened in the closed ASPIROS and the sample is aspirated into the RODOS injector for analysis in a free aerosol jet. With a closed system, there is no contact between the product and the surrounding environment.
- Particle size and particle size distribution
- For dry, fine grained and also cohesive powders
- For analyses of smallest amounts in laboratories
- Sample amount per analysis < 1 mg to 1 g
- 5 high-resolution measuring ranges from 0.1 µm to 875 µm | R1 to R5T
- Safe sample handling for dry, active substances
- Automatic adjustment of dispersion parameters | Software-controlled
- Automatic positioning of the dispersing line