True-to-method laser diffraction with versatile dry dispersion for dry, even cohesive powders from 0.1 µm to 3,500 µm
With the long optical bench, the HELOS/KR laser diffraction sensor covers a particularly wide particle size range. In combination with the fully automated RODOS/L dry dispersion unit, this configuration offers fast and repeatable particle size analyses for dry products in the range from 0.1 µm to 3,500 µm. Agglomerative, cohesive powders are also reliably dispersed and measured in just a few seconds.
All measurement and dispersion parameters are software-controlled and can be saved as retrievable measuring methods (Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)). In this way, measurements are reliable and independent of the operator, even if the product and application are changed frequently. Feed rate, dispersion energy, position of the dispersing line and the trigger for the measurement can be reproduced accurately and fully automatically. The dosing of the powder sample is performed by means of the vibratory feeder VIBRI/L, which guarantees optimum concentration of the sample in the measuring zone through a consistent, controlled product supply. The perfectly coordinated combination of sensor, dosing and dispersion enables a gentle, product-specific and precise particle size analysis from the millimetre far into the submicron range.
RODOS/L is designed both for use in the HELOS laser diffraction sensors and for dynamic image analysis with the QICPIC sensors and can thus be used additionally for dry dispersion for analysis of particle shape and particle size.
The modular concept of the HELOS laser diffraction series allows this configuration to be systematically expanded with numerous dispersion units and dosing options to open many more measuring applications. If frequent changes between dry and wet dispersion are required then the RODOS/L is optionally available with the proven wet dispersion unit SUCELL/L as a combined dry and wet dispersion unit OASIS/L.
- Particle size and particle size distribution
- For dry, fine to coarse grained, also cohesive powders
- For analyses in the quality or production laboratory | Also process-oriented
- Sample amount per analysis < 1 mg to 1,000 g
- 7 high-resolution measuring ranges from 0.1 µm to 3,500 µm | R1 to R7T
- True-to-method measurement performance for changing measuring tasks
- Automatic adjustment of all dispersion parameters | Software-controlled
- RODOS dry dispersion can also be used with QICPIC image analysis
- Upgradable to combined dry and wet dispersion system OASIS