Particle size analysis for suspensions and emulsions from 0.1 µm to 875 µm in fully automated batch mode
In combination with the powerful and fully-automated wet dispersion unit QUIXEL, the compact laser diffraction sensor HELOS/BR offers fast and reproducible particle size analysis for finely dispersed suspensions and emulsions from 0.1 µm to 875 µm. All dispersion and measurement parameters are controlled via the software and can be saved as retrievable measuring methods (Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)).
For a high throughput of liquid samples, MULTISAMPLER offers a fully-automated sample handling system. Up to 70 sample vials with a volume of 39 ml each is supplied from a rack to the system in batch mode. The samples are clearly identified with the aid of a data matrix code. Based on this information, the measuring method defined beforehand is selected for the sample and the dispersion and measurement settings are set up.
MULTISAMPLER has its own pump circuit, which is connected via tubes to the QUIXEL system. For complete removal and supply of the sample to the QUIXEL basin, two injection needles penetrate through the septum of the sample vials and are immersed. While one of the cannulas feeds dispersing fluid from the QUIXEL basin for rinsing, the other cannula extracts the sample from the vial without leaving any residue. The sample that is fed into the QUIXEL circuit is measured and evaluated, and the circuit is then rinsed and filled with dispersing fluid for the next measurement. Rinsing processes that are tailored to the sample effectively prevent any sample carryover.
- Particle size and particle size distribution
- For fine dispersed suspensions and emulsions
- For automated analyses in the laboratory
- Variable analysis volume from 250 ml to 1,000 ml in a closed loop
- Sample throughput of up to 70 (140) vials of 39 ml each in batch mode
- 5 high-resolution measuring ranges from 0.1 µm to 875 µm | R1 to R5T
- Automatic adjustment of all dispersion parameters | Software-controlled
- Integrated sonication | Energy input 0 to 60 W