Determination of the size, shape and number of particles in suspensions or emulsions in the range from 1 µm to 3,000 µm with dynamic image analysis
The combination of image analysis sensor QICPIC and the fully-automated wet dispersion unit MIXCEL offers a precise and meaningful determination of the size, shape and number of particles in suspensions or emulsions in the range from 1 µm to 3,000 µm. Even disperse systems with fibres, challenging mixtures, wide distributions or particles with a high density are reliably characterised – even in highly viscous or organic dispersion media.
All measurement and dispersion parameters are software-controlled and can be saved as retrievable measuring methods (Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)). The evaluation of the relevant size and shape characteristics is performed with powerful algorithms in just a few minutes, and the results can be presented both as a distribution and individually for every single particle.
MIXCEL uses a controllable ultrasonic generator and two powerful stirrers to ensure complete dispersion and homogenous mixing. The sample is then supplied via a centrifugal pump as a representative particle flow to the measuring circuit. A selection of flow-optimised cuvettes enables flexible adaptation for the relevant application with layer thicknesses from 30 µm to 6 mm. The basin can be filled with between 400 ml and 1,000 ml of liquid. It is designed with double walls as a heat exchanger and ensures effective temperature control from 0°C to 90°C if required. Fully equipped, the sample feed, addition of additives and basin cleaning are performed automatically. In order to tailor the chemical resistance to the dispersing liquid, different materials are available for gaskets and for supply or drain tubes (EPDM, FKM or FFKM). Other parts in contact with the product are non-corrosive and resistant as they are manufactured from stainless steel, quartz glass or PTFE.
- Particle size, particle shape and their distributions | Fibre characterisation
- For finely to coarsely dispersed suspensions and emulsions
- For analyses in the laboratory
- Variable analysis volume from 400 ml to 1,000 ml in a closed-loop
- 6 high-resolution measuring ranges from 1 µm to 3,000 µm | M3 to M8
- Automatic adjustment of all dispersion parameters | Software-controlled
- Integrated ultrasonic generator | Energy input 0 to 72 W
- Heating and cooling options | Temperature-controlled from 0°C to 90°C
- Tubeless measuring circuit for high resistance and short measuring cycles